Author Topic: pmr links on F R N  (Read 3746 times)

Offline piedpiper

• Just joined
pmr links on F R N
« on: October 29, 2012, 14:53:03 PM »
just a question, what ever hapend to the cork PMR link and the cork server on f r n ? i feel this is a great service to those of us who love the concept of radio but cant put up antinas ?

Offline gbee

• Lord of the Scanners
Re: pmr links on F R N
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 17:58:15 PM »
I don't know.

But you can make your own, no antenna needed, no radio needed in fact, just the FRN client and a microphone on your PC with an Internet connection.
UBC800XLT Short RG58! Discone on porch . CRT SS6900 V3.1. iMax-2000: Cork Stn 255

Offline AWOL

• Donation
  • Lord of the Scanners
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 18:21:18 PM »
What was the Cork PMR link and server? Haven't heard of it
AOR7030 Plus, Sony SW07, WinRadio G305e, Uniden BCT15, Uniden 3500XLT, Uniden 92XLT, Icom IC-R10, Realistic 2042, AOR 1000, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, G5RV, AT-2000 ATU, Roofmounted Discone, Portable Discone, Many Indoor antennas

Offline mountain-man

• Donation
  • Lord of the Scanners
  • Hi All
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »
The Cork FRN link has closed down for a while. The problem with FRN is once a person downloads the client there is no problem logging on to any of the many servers around the world. This leaves the system open to abuse, with the playing of music and worse. This puts a strain on the local server provider to find time to moniter it. if a person is barred, there is nothing stopping them from coming back with a different call sign and start messing again. We have all moved to RadiCall something similar but you have to be approved by the Mod before you can talk on it. The audio quality is better than FRN and Skype. http://www.raidcall.com/go.php?sid=5159613
The pleasure has been all yours.

Offline skydiver

• Just joined
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 18:56:05 PM »
The ireland serverfrn group has as mountain man said moved to raidcall, as he also pointed out the frn system is verey much open to abuse,i was the owner and the person responsible for running the ireland server for over ten months,weve had everything from abusive text messages being left to people bringing in gateways and crosslinks without permission,to people playing music and comming on with different callsigns and user names to verbal abuse and indeed  to the final straw when the url of our site was highjacked and our members email adresses hacked into,alot but not all of the people who use frn have the 11meter mentality of ill do and say and behave as i wish and who are you to tell me otherwise, so in my opinion if there cant be order manners and respect on a server for ireland why bother putting all my time energy and recsorces into running one,ive been a member of radioqso.net for many years and it was really at the end of the day their support and loyalty which gave me the motivation to keep the server up and running,so as mountian man said we are now on raidcall we can do everything we used to do on frn and more without the headache of running a server and monitoring it and we can also choose who we allow in,i had many enjoyable times on the ireland server frn and i will continue to enjoy the hobbie of voip on raidcall with my friends from radioqso.net ,anyone wishing to jion us please download raidcall create an account you wont get a notifacation back log in with the info you used to create the account and search for  group 5159613 radioqso.net on your application use your first name and callsign cb handels wont be accepted,so with that ill wish everyone 73s and best wishes and maby chatch you on raidcall sometime,
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 22:03:07 PM by skydiver »

Offline 29if29

• Just joined
    • ireland-ukserver on FRN
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 19:12:06 PM »
Dnt worrie people for i am here with details to a ireland and uk server running on frn

Heres details for the  Ireland-uk server on frn  (it was previously  dublin-ireland )

ireland-ukserver.no-ip.org Port 10025   - server is running 24/7 also with backup servers in place

we have active gateways in few area of uk

have a look and join in on the qso 

Alittle less regulation then sum other servers 
mostly commons sence 
server is monitored by enough admins to keep out the abuse or wana music broadcasters

www.FreeRadioNetwork.webs.com

ther is enough subchannels available if any1 is looking for a subnet channel on our server let us know 
www.freeradionetwork.net   ireland-ukserver FRN

Offline gbee

• Lord of the Scanners
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
Do I understand, one server wants official Amateur Radio Call Signs?
The other does not? 
UBC800XLT Short RG58! Discone on porch . CRT SS6900 V3.1. iMax-2000: Cork Stn 255

Offline freecb

• Scan Marine
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
sure does look that way? 11 meters has been blacklisted ;D
go on Bertie bud

Offline 29if29

• Just joined
    • ireland-ukserver on FRN
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 19:23:49 PM »
Dnt worrie people for i am here with details to a ireland and uk server running on frn

Heres details for the  Ireland-uk server on frn  (it was previously  dublin-ireland )

ireland-ukserver.no-ip.org Port 10025   - server is running 24/7 also with backup servers in place

we have active gateways in few area of uk

have a look and join in on the qso 

just bought a .net domain  for the ireland-ukserver on frn

www.freeradionetwork.net

Alittle less regulation then sum other servers 
mostly commons sence 
server is monitored by enough admins to keep out the abuse or wana music broadcasters

www.FreeRadioNetwork.webs.com < << old url

ther is enough subchannels available if any1 is looking for a subnet channel on our server let us know
www.freeradionetwork.net   ireland-ukserver FRN

Offline mountain-man

• Donation
  • Lord of the Scanners
  • Hi All
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 20:38:07 PM »
Well done. the more the merrier. Hope it goes well this time, is there a plan to operate a simplex repeater !!
The pleasure has been all yours.

Offline freecb

• Scan Marine
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
very well done keep up the good work,,,,
go on Bertie bud