Author Topic: COBRA 29NW CLASSIC cb radio  (Read 1256 times)

Offline gfk1969

• Scan Legend
    • clifdenfishing
COBRA 29NW CLASSIC cb radio
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:55 AM »
hi everyone looking for a bit of help
i picked up a COBRA 29NW CLASSIC cb radio at a car boot sale,some one had soldered the power wires in the back so i wasn't expecting a working radio but for 8 euro i couldn't go too far wrong
tried it out when i got home and discovered a busted diode and replaced that for 3 cent ;D i got it to light up but no sound,i did a bit of research on the net and it said it could the Audio Power Amplifier Output IC,got one for 1.15 euro and installed it
it now has sound and is transmitting well ;D
the only problem now is the signal meter and the back light
having spent only spent 9.18 euro on the radio so far i might as well spend a bit more on the signal meter and the back light and have everything working right

the signal meter will be no problem to get but i cant seem to find any information on the back light

has anyone repaired the back light on any before or dose anyone know where i can get one from or has anyone a scrap one that the back light is working on

if you know of any website that has photos of the back light so i can see what it looks like could you let me know

you can see the problem in the photo,only half of the back light is working

trio ts-430s,kenwood at-250,kenwood ps-430,philips d2999,aor ar8200,realistic,pro2005,Alinco DJ-X3,icom ic 240,jesan kt-3003,kyd tk-750,President Grant,datong fl2,cobra 29nw ltd,uniden ubc72xlt,howes filter,Tti Tcb 770,realistic patrolman pro 2026

Jeremyka

COBRA 29NW CLASSIC cb radio
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 00:10:55 AM »
If you are really talking about the SqueezeBox 3/Classic and not the Radio:
There is no backlight, its not an LCD screen.  Its a VFD screen and when it goes the entire screen must be replaced.  Tried the Brightness button?