Author Topic: 11m repeater in 19 Div  (Read 2748 times)

Offline rookie

• Scan Pro
11m repeater in 19 Div
« on: June 12, 2013, 19:18:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

I was listening on 27.580 USB today around 2pm and I heard an Aussie station calling using his own call sign with 19 div call afterwards. I assumed he was on holidays in 19 div but after a few mins he said that he was in Australia and was using a new 11 m band repeater in Belgium. It consisted of a ken wood radio with a beam. Does anyone know about this repeater? I heard a 2 div station on afterwards and te frequency was hopping with stations calling.

Rookie
You DO have to be mad to do my job.........

Icom IC 7000
G5-RV

Offline wiyldrover

• Donation
  • Scan Pro
Re: 11m repeater in 19 Div
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 21:30:34 PM »
One Life......Go on have a blast!!!!!

Offline mountain-man

• Donation
  • Lord of the Scanners
  • Hi All
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 21:32:33 PM »
Simon Parker might have the heads up on that, he writes the European CB radio page on 'Radio User' Magazine.
13at777@gmail.com  Think there is one in Switzerland also. The best I ever heard was the amateur repeater in the Hudson USA on 29.625 with lads from Scotland talking through it on a lift and bouncing back into Wales. :-*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 21:36:03 PM by mountain-man »
The pleasure has been all yours.

Offline 5566

• Scan King
  • Actually it may control something...
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 23:33:34 PM »
Last few years this 29.620 US repeater (KQ2H, 1.3 kW.......) was heard on a daily basis. Same frequency is occupied by Swedish SK0CT repeater (just different CTCSS) and I heard russian taxis utilizing it as a coverage extender.

Offline rookie

• Scan Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LO7dQksYA

Have a look at this.

Had a look at the video and downloaded the app, I have tried to insert the password but it won't seem to work for me. Has anyone else connected to them and has has a password issue???

Icom IC 7000
G5-RV

Offline rookie

• Scan Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 17:06:23 PM »
Got password and had qso with Stephen in 13 div.  :)

Icom IC 7000
G5-RV

Offline gbee

• Lord of the Scanners
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 18:47:58 PM »
This is just like Skipe, nothing beats talking one to one with a transistor or two and a piece of string AND the skip. Not too unlike fishing with a rod and string for fun.

Nothing beats the telephone and internet and satellite repeaters when one needs to talk to someone, not unlike using a trawler and factory processing to make fish fingers. :)

I've spoken to Australia with 20w or thereabouts a 5/8 whip pretty much at ground level and there is great excitement when that happens. On the amateur bands I hear them come in from Australia over the repeaters routinely and effortlessly.

This can be done with anything, a cell phone, a pmr radio, a CB or amateur rig or just a mic plugged into a PC. Have you heard of Hamshere? 
UBC800XLT Short RG58! Discone on porch . CRT SS6900 V3.1. iMax-2000: Cork Stn 255

Offline rookie

• Scan Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 21:49:54 PM »
This is just like Skipe, nothing beats talking one to one with a transistor or two and a piece of string AND the skip. Not too unlike fishing with a rod and string for fun.

Nothing beats the telephone and internet and satellite repeaters when one needs to talk to someone, not unlike using a trawler and factory processing to make fish fingers. :)

I've spoken to Australia with 20w or thereabouts a 5/8 whip pretty much at ground level and there is great excitement when that happens. On the amateur bands I hear them come in from Australia over the repeaters routinely and effortlessly.

This can be done with anything, a cell phone, a pmr radio, a CB or amateur rig or just a mic plugged into a PC. Have you heard of Hamshere?

Yip I agree, just find this app very good to keep in contact with friends and family who are living abroad. You can set up your own channel and get all you family to join and have a group conversation. This channel can be locked with a password to make it private. Over all a great app but yes you can never beat the radio and skip.

Icom IC 7000
G5-RV