Author Topic: Limerick rally 29 MAR 2015  (Read 1076 times)

Offline 5566

• Scan King
  • Actually it may control something...
Limerick rally 29 MAR 2015
« on: March 15, 2015, 04:46:45 AM »
Hi guys.

I believe it is still valid info, as nothing on IRTS site is ever mentioned and even Limerick Radio Club doesn't advertise this on their own site main page. but here as follow on http://www.limerickradioclub.ie/site/club.announcements.htm

Limerick Radio Club - Annual Radio, Hobbies and Electronics Rally 2015 will be held in the Radisson Hotel Ennis Road on Sunday 29 March 2015.

Please note revised date, as due to unforeseen circumstances the original date had become unavailable

The next club meeting is schedule for Wednesday March the 11th at 19:30 and will be held as usual  in LIT, Moylish,  Limerick City. Tom EI3ER will give a presentation on Marconi's radio station in Clifden and Frank will give a presentation on Radio History; Maxwell, Hertz, Callan, Marconi etc

--------------------

Obviously I am planning to attend as its just a small journey from Galway. Would bring some radio (related) gear for sale / swa(m)p and a selection of surplus components plus some test rigs, sensors etc. No junk allowed! :P

Just somehow afraid it could be another failed event with such a lack of publicity and little support even by LRC own members...

Offline Lemon_Drop

• Scan Soldier
Re: Limerick rally 29 MAR 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 14:13:27 PM »
On Long Communications site it says the Rally has been Cancelled. I don't  know.

2015 Radio Rallies

Date   Rally   Details
Mar 29, 2015   LIMERICK RADIO RALLY 2015 CANCELLED   CANCELLED
Apr 26, 2015   IRTS 2015 RADIO RALLY   Hotel Kilkenny,College road,Kilkenny(IRTS AGM&Dinner on 25th)
May 10, 2015   34th LOUGH ERNE RADIO RALLY 2015   Share centre Lisnaskea Co Fermanagh

http://www.longcom.ie/

Offline 5566

• Scan King
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 02:24:46 AM »
Now that's even worse when LRC own website says one and Raymond knows better. Pity, as I had few items booked on Long's stand to pick up at this particular rally.

Its just about the time to make one and once a year AGM with decent rally, and forget all the other "rallies".

So next would be this year's AGM. Reluctant to go that far due to long journey, but it might be last worthwhile meeting this year....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:26:38 AM by 5566 »

Offline ei2gfb

• Donation
  • Scan Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 18:39:34 PM »
Now that's even worse when LRC own website says one and Raymond knows better. Pity, as I had few items booked on Long's stand to pick up at this particular rally.

Its just about the time to make one and once a year AGM with decent rally, and forget all the other "rallies".

So next would be this year's AGM. Reluctant to go that far due to long journey, but it might be last worthwhile meeting this year....

totally agree one large rally involving all clubs and traders in ireland, and hopefully attract the larger traders from uk, i used to attend the leicester amateur radio show and it was fantastic traders had the whole shop with them loads of other smaller traders selling antennas etc personally i think its the only way to go

Yaesu FT-950, AOR 8600MKII, 2X Diamond V2000 Verticals, A99, Trio TR-751E, Tait TM8255 VHF LOW/VHF HI/UHF

Offline 5566

• Scan King
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 02:41:53 AM »
Got my Echo Ireland today and there's quite a flashy ad of Limerick Rally. Poor fellows who won't know about it being cancelled.
But judging by the last year it won't be more than 3 people.

Offline WBEN98

• Scan Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:23:56 AM »
for 2018 the Limerick rally is on this Sunday 25th March, as a reminder for anyone interested:

http://www.limerickradioclub.ie/site/announcements.htm

"The Limerick Radio Club Rally is scheduled for Sunday the 25th March in the Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick." at 11AM

the advice is be early as these rallies tend to finish up early after a couple of hours