Author Topic: What is an EA3 doing on an Irish forum?  (Read 585 times)

EA3HOE

What is an EA3 doing on an Irish forum?
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
Hi all!

Well, i don't know if this is a Irish-only forum or not, but since i saw a forum section dedicated to Amateur Radio in Ireland i thought i'd register.

I'm a EA3, spanish radio operator, more than 20 years on the air on CB and since 2011 with full EA license. I never went back to CB.
My radio station is very modest, a standard TS-590, mobile antenna and a couple of SDR radios.

The reason i signed up is because i will be moving to Ireland in October and want to know what's going on in Amateur Radio in Ireland. Most of all getting used to the habits over there.  The plan is to go over there in October,  three months of radio silence because my radio will still be in Spain, find a house and around XMAS move everything, family, pets and radio, over to Ireland. Then i can get on the air again.

So this is me, hope to have a great time on this forum.

Thanks!

Ton.

Offline 5566

• Scan King
  • Actually it may control something...
Re: What is an EA3 doing on an Irish forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 17:48:12 PM »
"What is an EA3 doing on an Irish forum?"

I don't know... calling "olaaa! olaaa!" maybe? :)

Hi and welcome.

"I never went back to CB."

Yes, never did 27.555 dx ing "seriously" and got even less reasons for doing so since got licensed.

"My radio station is very modest, a standard TS-590, mobile antenna and a couple of SDR radios."

The longer I live the more fun I see in so called "modest" stations. Good job!

"The reason i signed up is because i will be moving to Ireland in October and want to know what's going on in Amateur Radio in Ireland. "

Whereabouts are you going to live? Actually this forum quite accurately reflects what is going on here - quiet. Sadly. But also on this forum you'll have a chance to meet - say 3/4 of Irish amateurs.

Anyhow - welcome and have a fun ;)